Friday, March 27, 2009

Day Eighty Six











The Nashville Flea Market has been my little piece of heaven once a month since 2004. I like old stuff. (Insert joke about hubby Neil here) I'm a junker and a collector. Anyone who has been to my house can attest to that. There's just something about rust and peeling paint that appeals to me. I guess I was born out of my time. Today, Neil found some beautiful plants for our yard--these blue and pink hydrangeas and some ferns. The Fiesta ware lady is always there with her colorful dishes. And see that crock sitting on top of that great pie safe? It's mine now. You can find literally anything for sale at the flea market. From vintage clothing to brand new fishing poles. And of course the proverbial tube socks. Lots of practical and plenty of weird. I highly recommend a visit to this flea market. You don't have to like old stuff. It's just fun. http://www.tennesseestatefair.org/FleaMarket.htm




2 comments:

Jane said...

We will have to go sometime. I want more Fiesta, baby! :-) Yes, we know how you love old stuff...Neil being the #1 old thing in your life!! (There's the obligatory "old Neil" joke!)

Ann S. said...

I haven't been to the flea market in a long time. Me and T need to do that again in the near future. You and your rusty stuff :-) LOL!