Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day Ninety Nine

Scattered

And they're off!

Counting eggs


Shelby and friend


Elijah and goodies
We live across the street from my grand daughter's school. Shelby's teacher asked if her second grade class could have their egg hunt in my backyard. Well of course I said yes! This afternoon, about 25 second graders ran wildly around the yard, plucking up colorful Easter eggs wherever they might find them. Hope you can see the scattered eggs in the top picture. And the mom's hid a bunch that were hard to find. In the end, if some found more eggs than others, they shared their bounty with each other. Shelby is seen here with her good buddy. And last but never least is Elijah man, who enjoyed his own egg hunt and party at pre-school today. He was so thrilled with this basket of goodies and proudly and carefully carried it to the car when I picked him up. The kids had a good time today. So did I.




3 comments:

Kelly said...

That is sooo cool! I bet Shelby was excited to have everyone over. She'll never forget it.

Ann S. said...

I could just see all those kids running around your backyard hunting for Easter eggs! Easter egg hunts is the one thing about childhood that I miss. Cute pics :-)

Jane said...

I spoke to Jill tonight. She said she was in town and watched the egg hunt from her house. She enjoyed it. Her mom was there, but was unable to get to the window to see. :-(