Friday, May 22, 2009

Day One Hundred Forty Two

Neil and I went to the Nashville Flea Market today at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds. I always enjoy it and find interesting stuff. Never any fleas, though. I didn't buy anything today. And that's a first! I had fun taking pictures with my cell phone and here are just a few things that caught my eye. The weather was great. It never rained. And we ended our little out of town outing with our daughter Kelly at Olive Garden--an after-flea market tradition. Good times!

Very cool, very expensive Beatles poster.

These mannequins crack me up just piled up in the dirt.
She looks like she's saying, "How can you laugh at a time
like this!?" How humiliating. I'll bet they once wore stylish
clothes and adorned an expensive department store window.

Love the messages these garden stakes convey. So colorful.

I call this the rolling pin from hell! It looks like an implement
of torture. It probably cut biscuits or doughnuts. I'm always
attracted to rolling pins and own a few I rarely use.


2 comments:

Jane said...

What cool pictures! The flea market is the place to be!

Kelly said...

Groovy Beatles poster! Cool pics as always! The mannequins crack me up!!! She might be thinking to herself ..."men"... ;-D