Monday, July 27, 2009

Day Two Hundred Eight

Happy 24th Anniversary, Jane and Don!

My sister Jane and her husband Don were married July 27, 1985--24 years ago today! Here they are back in the day when they first started dating. Jane doesn't look old enough to date, and Don reminds me of Dan Fogelberg in this picture (that's a compliment, Don). And here they are 24 years later, still the loving couple and a role model for a great marriage, only with grayer hair!
God bless you today and always. I love you both. You guys rock!

And as an added bonus in today's post, my mom's recipe for Lemon Icebox Pie. She used to make this pie often and we all loved it. Today I made it with limes instead of lemons. It's very easy to make and can be ready to eat in minutes. Try it. You'll like it!

4 comments:

Ann S. said...

Awwwww, those are great pics of Jane and Don! Wow! Don does look like Dan Fogelberg in that one picture :-) Happy Anniversary guys and many, many more. Love you! Woo hoo, Ma's lemon ice box pie recipe. I need to make that!

Jane said...

Thanks for featuring us in your blog! You made our day!! Literally!! And the pie was delish!!! Love you!!!

Kelly said...

Cute pictures!!! Nice looking pie too! Wish I could jump into the computer screen and eat it! :o)

ceee said...

That was a fantastic pie! We finished it off tonight :)