Monday, July 20, 2009

Day Two Hundred One

It's A Boy!

After two weeks of thinking this kitty cat is a girl, it turns out
that she is actually a HE. Took him to the vet this afternoon
to have him checked out. The vet nurse turned him over and
said "Boy!" So Sally will have to be renamed something else
more manly, I suppose. I imagine Shelby will want to
call him Sammy after an identical cat she had when she was a
toddler. I'm thinking Sandy is a cute name. Stay tuned. His
little leg was shaved and the doc drew blood to test for feline
leukemia and heart worms--both negative, thank God! And he
got some worm medicine and orders to return in twelve weeks
to begin vaccinations and later on neutering. (ouch!)


Buddy cat did not want to leave the safety of his carrier. He knows
what's coming--shots in the bottom. But he took it well. He also got
worm medicine--this gel stuff they put on the top of his head. The
doc says it covers every kind of worm infestation. That's very cool.
Buddy is mad at me anyway, I think, because of the new kitty at the
house. On the way home from the vet, he was riding next to me in
the front seat in his carrier, and I looked at him and asked, "Buddy,
are you mad at me?" He just closed his eyes and turned his head
away. I think I got my answer. Like a knife right through the heart!
And now he's got another male to compete with. Bad karma all the
way around.


And last but not least, the installers made their final appearance
at the house this afternoon and finished off the siding along the
back porch and trimmed around the new door. We're so happy
with the results. Still got to paint some stuff. Neil put up a new
motion sensor front porch light and a new back porch light by
the kitchen door. Things are shaping up!

4 comments:

Ann S. said...

Isn't it funny how hard it is to determine if a kitten is a boy or a girl? Glad you guys finally found out for sure :-) The good thing is that neutering is cheaper than spaying.

I love your new doors. Can't wait to see your house!!

Luv Me Do said...

Things are lookin' at the house!

Jane said...

Wow!! Looks great!
Maybe you can help me determine the sex of our 4 kitties. :-)

Kelly said...

The new kitty is soooo cute! Pick a name! :o)
Poor Buddy Cat! He looks pitiful.
Love the house! Really pretty!