Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day Two Hundred Ten

Progress.....



This is not a pretty picture. I heard them coming two days ago--their back hoes and bulldozers and other weapons of mass destruction. And I hoped it was just something they were sent to fix at one residence along our old street. But they kept on coming and today they landed in front of my house and spent the afternoon digging up the street, the sidewalk and the front yard. As it turns out, they are moving all the water meters off the sidewalk and into the yards of each residence. I'm still not clear on why this must be done. The guy in charge assured me they'd replace the pavement and the sidewalks and the grass in the front yard. Something it seems we already had until they tore it all up just to move a water meter three feet. That's progress, folks.

2 comments:

Luv Me Do said...

I bet the neighbors love you for this

Kelly said...

Atleast they didn't show up the same time you had the siding replaced... looks like a bomb went off. What an expensive mess! :o)