Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day Two Hundred Fourteen

Snapshots from mine and other big back yards....


The Fairy Ring was back on the front lawn of Jefferson Avenue church of Christ this morning when I arrived. They look different from the ones I saw there last week. These got trampled later on by some little kids. Bummer.

I notice mushrooms everywhere now this summer. Not sure why. Saw these in a neighbor's front yard today. I hope they didn't mind me creeping into their yard to snap some pictures. These mushrooms were huge.

This one looks like a sand dollar.

And these look like something in which a Hobbit would reside.

Found this discarded insect shell, an old pine cone and a rock keeping company in the outer limits of my own back yard. The nearest pine tree is two houses down from ours. Guess this one blew in during a storm a long time ago.

Discovered some more pretty flowers growing in our jungle. This one still sported a little dew drop on its petal.

Pretty little bud. Didn't even notice the bug attached to it until I downloaded the picture on the computer.

The cone flowers are fading but still photo worthy.

Get a room! I thought I was snapping a picture of a cute June bug until I got a closer look. I think we can be sure there will be more June bugs next year....

Our Dahlias are really pretty this year.

This is my favorite snapshot from today.

Dahlia bud

I like this little Morning Glory. The vines are growing everywhere now. They always remind me of the beginning of a new school year because the Morning Glories were always blooming when my daughters walked through the back yard to school.

Sun/Moon Face looks like he could use some Chap stick!















Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

8 comments:

Kelly said...

As Bruce Almighty would say "B-E-A-U-TIFUL!!! I love your flower pictures! You need to frame these suckers! Your fave is my fave too... wicked cool picture! I'm starting to notice mushrooms now too! Wonder if there are any Smurfs hangin' round?!?!? Tee hee!!! :o)

Kelly said...

p.s. You should enter that picture in a photo contest! 1st place!

Kay R. said...

Aww..thanks Kelly you make me blush! Hey, I forgot about the Smurfs living in those funky mushrooms.

Jane said...

Kelly's right! You should enter some pics in a contest. The fair is coming up very soon! The mushrooms are awesome this year. One of them in the pics reminds me of a jellyfish. Great shots!!!

ps - love the June bug shot! :-)

Ann S. said...

You guys have some of the prettiest flowers in your yard! I love the mushroom pics, especially the one that looks like a sand dollar! We don't have mushrooms in our yard this year for some reason. Sometimes they grow in the mulch. I want that sun/moon face thingy! We need to go junkin' again sometime. I miss doing that!

Ann S. said...

PS...Those Junebugs need to get a room ;-)

Kay R. said...

I'd love to go junkin with you again, Ann. I miss that, too. Thanks for all the photo kudos! I appreciate it. I'm tryin to take better pictures.

Kelly said...

You've become quite the photographer!!! I think you've accomplished your goal of taking better pix!!! I used your pink flower as my desktop theme! :o)