Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day Two Hundred Sixteen


The day was sunny and hot, near 90 degrees, like it's supposed to be in August in middle Tennessee. By the time Neil got home after 5:00, the weather took a turn and the temperature dropped about 15 degrees. Dark swirly clouds rolled in and the wind blew like crazy and of course we stood outside and watched it all while I took some pictures. Didn't rain much in our back yard and the thunder stayed in the distance, so we were spared something that could have been fierce. Probably was in other areas. I guess we were lucky a big limb didn't blow out of a tree and hit us in our silly heads. It's downright chilly outside right now at 8:26 PM and the katydids are singing a happy little feels-like-Fall song.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]



5 comments:

Ann S. said...

Hey sis! Glad you guys were spared the fierce weather. I got home from the Side just in time to mow. By the time I climbed off the mower, the storms were rolling in. Of course I ran in to snap some pictures :-) Lookin' forward to your pics!

Luv Me Do said...

Hula, mom, and I did the same thing. I got a couple of good shots

Jane said...

We got lots of rain & wind. The clouds were scary there for a few minutes! I pulled weeds in the sun & heat. Came in to cool off not even 5 minutes, and the weather turned! Like you said, it's just cold now!

Kelly said...

It was sunny here in Murf... rained like cats and dogs later on that night though... gee wiz!
:o)

Kelly said...

p.s. I like your flickr widget thingy below your traffic feed... cool!!! :o)