Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day Three Hundred Twenty Six

A Little Heavy Reading


I just started reading Stephen King's new novel, 'Under The Dome'. It's the longest novel he's written since 'The Stand' and maybe 'The Green Mile'. As you can see, it's nearly two and a half inches thick (about two and a quarter), 1,072 pages, and it weighs a little over three pounds. (Ask me how I know.) I think it's going to be good. I always seem to have a stack of books to read on this table by my little spot in the universe. I'm at various points in each of these books, but if the King novel gets really good, these others may have to wait a little longer for me to finish. It's fun getting lost in somebody else's universe.

4 comments:

Ann S. said...

That is one BIG book! Looks like War and Peace or something :)

Jane said...

I spent many summer days at Tech reading Stephen King. Let me know if this book is good. I may have to give it a whirl...

Kay R. said...

Will do, Jane. I can always work my biceps with it if it starts to get boring :D

Kelly said...

Just think, this book has been edited... can you imagine if he released the uncut version... gees!