Monday, December 14, 2009

Day Three Hundred Forty Eight

Simply The Best


My dad made the best spaghetti sauce in the universe. He passed away ten years ago, but his sauce lives on in the recipe he left behind. I'm so thankful he wrote it down! I can always tell when I get it right, because the sauce is bright red and the whole house smells like garlic blending with all those hot red spices my dad loved to cook with. I made a pot this afternoon and froze it after it was done simmering for three hours. For some reason, freezing it only intensifies the flavors. It's becoming a tradition on Christmas Eve at my house to enjoy a spaghetti dinner before we open our gifts. So, thanks, Pop, for the gift of your divine sauce and the aromatic memories it conjures up.

3 comments:

Ann S. said...

YUM! I can smell it from here! Thanks dad for your awesome recipe :)

Kelly said...

Ann said first ... YUM!!!!! Can't wait to.partake!!!!

Jane said...

I can smell it, too! I'll never forget the first time I had Dad's sauce at your house some time after he died. It made me cry when I smelled it! That's a potent memory! Enjoy!

ps- I don't have the recipe. can someone get it to me?