Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day Three Hundred Forty

Rob Mabry Memorial Jam II


My cousin Tony has now put together two memorial concerts in honor of my late brother, Rob Mabry, whose passion for music and drumming drew him together with other talented musicians from the time he was a teenager until his sudden passing in May, 2008. Tony pulled together many of the musicians Rob played with in various bands over the years, and last night they put on a second concert in Rob's memory. The first Rob Jam (as we've come to call it) took place a little over a year ago. A friend of my sister Jane took this picture last night, and I snatched it off Facebook to share here. I also copied the names she listed of people in this picture because I don't know the names of a lot of them, and I don't think they're all listed here. Thank you, Tony, for a great tribute! Needless to say, we all love Rob and miss him terribly.

3 comments:

Ann S. said...

Tony does a great job getting all these people together to play! It's an awesome tribute to Rob and I know he was smiling last night :)

kayranft said...

I'm sure it was a daunting task, but he pulled it off. Of course, Rob would have loved it all :D

Kelly said...

Nice group shot! :o)