Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day Three Hundred Thirty Six

'Tis The Season


I'll be the first to admit that Christmas is not one of my favorite holidays, so I have to warm up to the idea of decorating and ease into it. Today I took down the Thanksgiving flag and put up the Santa Ho Ho Ho flag (which says oH oH oH on the flip side).

Found this small berry and pine cone wreath half price at Hobby Lobby not long ago and hung it on the pie safe in the dining room. Festive, isn't it? I know. It's not much. But it's a start. Tomorrow, I just might break out the candy cane candles.

3 comments:

Jane said...

At least you've gotten started! I can't seem to stay home long enough to get my house cleaned - forget Christmas stuff... ARGH!!

Kelly said...

I love Christmas! It just comes and goes so fast. I never took down my little tree from last year... just stuck it upstairs with the intension of putting it away but time flew by and all I had to do was stick it in the window and plug in the lights. :o)

Ann S. said...

I'm with Kay...Christmas is something I have to ease into anymore. Yesterday I hung wreaths on the doors and tied a festive bow around my bunny statue on the front porch. I work on it a little at a time :) Your flag and wreath are very festive, sis!