Friday, January 8, 2010

Day Eight

I Wish ....


Shelby and Elijah wanted to go outside and play in the snow this morning. I would have let them, but it was 12 degrees. I had to say no, and we moved on to do other things like play Old Maid and Connect Four.

They finally got their wish at lunch time, because we were crazy enough to bundle up and go out onto the frozen tundra to the Dairy Queen, of all places, where they enjoyed ice cream cones after they ate lunch. When we got back home, they started scooping up snow and tossing it into the air. It's powdery and flies away quickly. I let them do that for a minute and then they were ready to go inside. Shelby said, "Now I see why you didn't want us to go out!"

3 comments:

Jane said...

Such a sweet picture of the kids looking out the window! Can't believe they ate ice cream! :-)

Ann S. said...

I love the picture of Elijah an Shelby looking out the window at the snow! I'm glad they got to go out and play in it.

Kelly said...

That first shot is so sweet! Glad they got to enjoy snow and ice cream!!!