Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day Thirty Five

Random Restaurant Shots


Last week Neil and I ate lunch at McDonald's on South Jefferson and a man came in with this big German Shepherd. The dog had on a vest that said Service Dog. They must be regulars there because everyone behind the counter knew them. The man got his lunch and sat down in the booth right next to ours. When he went to get his coffee, I took a picture of his dog. You just don't see a German Shepherd in McDonald's every day.

The kids were out of school Monday for a snow day. I promised Elijah a vanilla milk shake at Arby's after lunch. He wanted to go inside to drink the shake so that's what we did. Shelby got a chocolate shake, and they were so thick, we had to eat them with the straws. Plus they were on the dollar menu. Not too shabby.

This afternoon before daughter Kelly and son in law Kerry headed back to Murfreesboro, we stopped at the Cafe Dolce on the square in our little town. I didn't want coffee so I ended up with hot cocoa (that's what it said on the menu which has such small print you can't read it), but it was this dark chocolate that was thick and creamy and totally delicious and so rich I couldn't drink it all. Kelly and Kerry wanted to sample it--that's what the tiny coffee cup was for. When the guy set the little cup on the counter, I thought it was my hot cocoa. Duh

While we drank our coffee/chai/hot cocoa, a man stopped outside and tied his two dogs to the pole and came inside for something to drink. The wind was really cold today and we felt kind of sorry for the dogs out there. The yellow dog was shivering, but they waited patiently while their master had his coffee inside the warm cafe. Maybe I should have shared my hot cocoa with them.

3 comments:

Ann S. said...

How cool is that? A German Shepherd in McDonalds :) Pretty dog! Shelby poo and Elijah look very contented with their milkshakes. Nice pictures.

Kelly said...

Love your random shots! Loved that shot of dark chocolate cocoa... man that was good stuff... I think that's my new fave at Dolce... it was FUN!!! Poor pups. They were cold.

Jane said...

Fun times for the Ranft family! The $1 menu milkshakes at Arby's - must check that out! :-) Lots of dogs in the blog today. The lucky one got to come inside with his thoughtful master. Enjoying your blog as always!