Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day Thirty Four

You Say It's Your Birthday


This is my mom the day (maybe the day after) she gave birth to me on February 3, 1953, in Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville, Tennessee. She looks happy and she got roses. And she got me.
The picture came from this photo booklet the developers used to put them in back in the day. I love what she wrote on it. You think she knew there would be other daughters to follow? She was right. Thanks for having me, Mom! Thanks for giving me such wonderful brothers and sisters. I love you!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow, I've never seen this picture before! Interesting she wrote "1st"... pretty neat!!!!!

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jane said...

It's been a long time since I've seen this pic. She looks so happy! No wonder - what a great kid she just gave birth to! Love you!!!

Ann S. said...

Awesome photo! It has been a long time since I've seen it. I guess Ma knew somehow that there would be more girls to come :) Love you, sis!