Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day Eighty Four

Sprouts, Buds And Blooms


Hubby Neil reminded me that my dad gave him the Lilac bush that's growing in our back yard--a piece of the one that grew in my parents' back yard. So it's been out there for probably fifteen years or longer. It never has done very well. It's had a few purple blooms over the last few years, but nothing to write home about (or in more modern terms, nothing to blog about). So here it is today with its little sprouts or buds starting to grow. I hope it blooms. Love the fragrance of those flowers!

We use to have a ton of Tulips each Spring, but they've died away in recent years. Found these starting to bloom today. Can't wait to see what color they are.

Our yard is full of Daffodils, Buttercups, Jonquils--whatever you like to call them. They're happy little flowers, and I never get tired of them (or taking their pictures, you've probably noticed). Grand kids Shelby and Elijah picked a handful each this afternoon. Elijah gave his to his mom. Buttercup bouquets are the best. Spring has sprung!

3 comments:

Ann S. said...

I'm enjoying your flower shots! I can just smell those flowers as I look at the pictures. I hope the Lilac bush blooms for you guys this year :)

Jane said...

Pretty Spring pictures!

Kelly said...

That last picture, the buttercup at the bottom right looks like it's trying to say something! Love your Spring Flowers!!! :o) Pretty cool about Granddad's flower bush, hope it blooms big this year!