Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day Sixty Five

Sweet Goodbye


A hot dozen from Krispy Kreme in Huntsville, Alabama, was our decadent tradition every time we made the trip down there. So this was our final stop on our way out of town after saying our final goodbyes to Neil's mom this morning (She passed away Wednesday, March 3). I'm sure people driving by thought I was crazy for standing in the parking lot, taking a picture of the Krispy Kreme sign. The photo is totally washed out in the bright sunlight, but I kind of like it. Goodbye and so long, Huntsville. Thanks for the memories. And the doughnuts.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Kinda looks like a post for "Negative"... cool beans! Crazy day. Lots of emotions. Krispy Kreme was the best part! Glad we got to stop there on our way out of Huntsville. :o)

Jane said...

A fitting end to your ties with Huntsville. Sure hate that I couldn't be there.

Ann S. said...

Makes me want a hot, fresh Krisy Kreme with an ice cold glass of milk! I'm so glad we got to be there with you guys :)