Friday, April 30, 2010

Day One Hundred Twenty

'Bud' The Caterpillar


Grand daughter Shelby found this caterpillar on the school playground today. She sneaked him into her classroom and hid him in her backpack--the side pocket that is mesh, so the caterpillar could breathe. She fished him out when she got to my house--said it was a girl because a classmate in the know said it was. She named her 'Bud' and made her a bed of leaves inside the bug box we keep handy for such situations. I'm telling you, kids don't require toys to have fun. She enjoyed petting her and talking to her and making sure she had everything she needed to be comfortable. Then she wanted to go inside and read a book. Cool.

Meet 'Bud'--a most cherished caterpillar if ever there was one. 'Bud' says, "Thank God it's Friday!"
Wishing everyone a lovely weekend.

4 comments:

Ann S. said...

Shelby will make a great mom one day :) Bud and Shelby are too cute! Reminds me of when me, Jane and Rob would catch bees and make pets out of them. We always called them Harry.

Jane said...

How precious! It's great to see kids still love the simple things in life. Ann & I were talking about the "Harry" bees the other day! :-) I remember Kelly letting caterpillars crawl on her when she was little. These are the best things in life, I'm telling ya! (I love it that she sneaked it in her backpack! Priceless!)

Ann S. said...

PS I love Shelby's Beatles shirt :)

Kelly said...

That is too funny! Can't believe she survived the backpack! I remember making caterpillars my pets! Free fun! Sweet!