Friday, May 21, 2010

Day One Hundred Forty One

T.G.I.F. At The Nashville Flea Market


That's the great thing about the flea market--you can wear just any old thing and nobody cares. Red heels, green bag, sequined gown. Let's go junkin!

These cast iron mermaids were my favorite thing I saw all afternoon. There was a fourth one sitting all by herself in a chair. Wouldn't they look great perched on the side of a swimming pool? Well, maybe.

Lots of vintage trunks to be had at the flea market. This was a nice one--if you like pink. It was probably bright red in another life.

Flood damage at the Nashville Fairgrounds. A vendor who happens to be from Cookeville told us the Nolensville Road entrance to the fairgrounds was under twenty feet of water during the worst of the flooding which buckled the pavement, tore down fences, and made a huge mess.

We enjoyed our traditional dinner at Olive Garden in Mt. Juliet with daughter Kelly. Yum!

Homeward bound on I-40. We were blessed with such an unexpectedly beautiful day! Happy T.G.I.F., everyone! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Ann S. said...

Do they still plan on closing the Nashville Flea market? I miss going there :( I love the mermaids...those are just too cool. That's crazy about Nolensville Rd being under 20 ft of water. Wow!!!

Jane said...

I'm glad you guys had a great day at the Flea Market. Those mermaids are cool. The mannequin is a bit creepy but stylin'! :-) I enjoyed this glimpse of your day!

Kelly said...

Wacky finds at the Flea! Enjoyed dinner as always! Love you!!!