Monday, May 17, 2010

Day One Hundred Thirty Seven

Memento


My baby brother Rob Mabry passed away very suddenly two years ago today in Destin, Florida. Sometimes I remember something funny he did or said or I see a picture of him surrounded by his family and then it hits me and I think, Oh yeah...he's not around any more. Oh, but that's not entirely true. He's around. In my memories. In my heart. He drew this little self portrait on the envelope of a birthday card he gave me in 1980. He was 16 years old at the time and already a marvelous drummer, his lifelong passion. Who's this? he asked. Like I could ever forget.

4 comments:

Ann S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann S. said...

Thanks for the smile, sis! That drawing is so Robert :) What a great memento!

Jane said...

looks just like him! thanks for sharing this today.

Kelly said...

Well said as always, Ma!