Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day One Hundred Twenty Eight

Picture Postcards From A Day At The Nashville Zoo At Grassmere
























We had a great time!
This pic has nothing to do with the zoo. I snapped this on the fly back home this evening. It is Percy Priest Dam with the floodgates wide open and the flood waters gushing through almost straight out from the force behind it. I've never seen it like this. Lots of places still flooded and thousands of folks displaced by the devastation the flooding left behind here in middle Tennessee.

4 comments:

Ann S. said...

I enjoyed your zoo pictures! Looks like you all had a fun day :) The blue parrots were very pretty!

Jane said...

What a great day to go to the zoo! Haven't been since Sarah was in 4th grade, and I was a chaperone for the school trip. It's been rare for me to see the floodgates open at Percy Priest. I'm glad Grassmere wasn't flooded.

Jane said...

ps- the pic of Neil & Elijah in the glass thing - Neil has a plant growing out of his head! He looks like a peacock! :-)

Kelly said...

Great pics! Great day! :o)