Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day One Hundred Seventy One 2010

Happy Pappy Day!


Daughters Holly and Kelly treated their dad and Jerry to a homemade spaghetti lunch at Holly's house today. Holly made spaghetti sauce, using her Granddad Mabry's legendary recipe.

Grand daughter Shelby set the table for our yummy meal.

Spaghetti, salad and garlic cheese bread coming right up.

Son in law Jerry making a fresh salad.

My gift to hubby Neil was this shirt from Bill O'Reilly's website.

The dad's seemed pretty happy with their presents and cards.

Sweet Father's Day portrait. These guys rock!


Dad and daughters. (It took several shots to get this one--I won't even post the ones of them doing pig noses--although maybe I should....)

Elijah couldn't wait to sample the dessert Holly made.

This awesome cake with strawberries on the bottom and whipped cream topping was totally delicious. We all enjoyed the great meal and just being together on this special day for dads. Thanks for having us over, Holly! Remembering my dad today, too, who passed away eleven years ago. Love him and miss him so much! (Thanks for the spaghetti sauce, Pop!) Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.

4 comments:

Ann S. said...

What an awesome Father's Day tradition you guys have! I'm sure Neil and Jerry enjoyed their day and the yummy meal :) Love all these pictures!!! I didn't get to tell Jerry Happy Father's Day today at church, but I got to tell Neil.

Ann S. said...

PS I love Neil's Don't Be a Pinhead shirt :)

Jane said...

I can just smell that sauce.... Looks like a fun day! (Don hasn't had a Father's Day since he started cooking at camp.) Love Neil's shirt! :-)

Kelly said...

FUN TIMES!!!! Great day!!!! Funny pics!!!!!