Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day One Hundred Sixty Eight 2010

Little Bit Of This, Little Bit Of That


Grand kids Shelby and Elijah were getting dressed just before lunch this morning. Elijah put his Scooby Doo underwear on his head and raced around the room. Kids in motion always make for blurry pictures, but it's hard to resist.

Elijah Man (and underwear) in motion. Makes me dizzy.

They made Father's Day cards for their dad this afternoon. I have lots of card stock (Shelby calls it "thick paper", which it is), and they like to use my stamps and stamp pads to create their art. Shelby's card is so sweet. Her daddy is going to love it.

Elijah stamped for a while, then realized it was much more fun making colorful fingerprints. His card is pretty cool.

Gala apple slices dipped in caramel make a yummy snack. For me.

Neil bought a sack of peaches from the Mennonite family's fruit and veggie stand on Willow Avenue at lunch. He and daughter Holly love peaches. Peaches smell like Summer to me. Holly sniffed one and said, "Smells like Grandpa. He always had peaches." I thought that was such a sweet remembrance.

The Dahlia takes a bow. Lots of them blooming in the backyard right now. Hope your Thursday was full of good stuff, too.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Nothing better than a homemade card! Cute stuff! I love apples & caramel, too. Yummy! Nice day!

Ann S. said...

That picture of Elijah with the undies on his head reminded me of Terry :) He does that on occasion. Homemade cards are the best for sure! Shelby and Elijah are very talented. The peaches and apples with caramel sound yummy! I love the bowing Dahlia. I never was good with growing them :(

Kelly said...

Shelby's homemade cards are always "freakin" awesome!!! LOL!!!
Elijah cracks me up!!! What a goob! LOVE the Dahlia pic!!!! Exclamation points RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!