Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day Two Hundred Thirty 2010

Wet Wednesday And Random Stuff


"It's clobberin' time!" The Thing says so. He was the toy in Grandson Elijah's happy meal at Mickey D's at lunch today. Have you ever noticed how angry most 'super heroes' are? I guess I'd be angry too if my clothes got all torn up every time I turned into a super hero.

Um....didn't we do this yesterday? He wanted an ice cream cone with sprinkles but opted for chocolate dipped instead. Either way, it's a win-win deal. The Thing isn't happy about it, though.

It rained so much here today that all the Nashville network affiliates sent news crews to our not so fair but flooded town to interview people and take pictures of the devastation. I didn't get any pictures of that, but I did get this raindrop/spiderweb art on my back porch. Can you say wet? Schools are closed on Thursday. We sure didn't need the flood, but I'm liking the cooler temperatures. Hope you are safe and dry where you are right now.

5 comments:

Ann S. said...

Who cares about the rain when you have a big chocolate dipped cone :) We saw all the Cookeville flood news on channel 2 news this evening. Wild! BTW, I love the spider web pic. Very cool!

Jane said...

I thought The Thing was green. Maybe I'm thinking of The Hulk. Pretty much the same hero, huh? I'm glad Elijah enjoyed a cone. It's making me hungry!

kayranft said...

The Hulk is definitely green. Neil says this yellow one is The Thing. He was into that big time as a kid, so maybe he knows. Who knows? I think Thing is one of the Fantastic Four or some such.

Kelly said...

Cool pix! I'm craving ice cream for some reason. Glad you didn't get washed away. Missed all the coverage on the news...tuned in two minutes too late. Guess it's your turn to flood. Just puddly here. "Rain drops keep fallen on my head" :o)

Jane said...

Kelly, why are you craving ice cream? Anything you want to tell us? :-)