Friday, August 20, 2010

Day Two Hundred Thirty Two 2010

I Heart Friday!


Grand daughter Shelby snacking on a Gummi Worm after school today. She struggled to my house with her loaded backpack (on the couch). Said her shoulders hurt. We put the backpack on the scales. It weighed 11 pounds. That's crazy.

I was craving something chocolate and the only thing in the kitchen was a bottle of chocolate milk. It was cold and pretty tasty and kind of...thick. Then, glutton for punishment that I am, I ate a couple of Gummi Worms. After a sudden "sick" moment later, I checked the expiration date on the chocolate milk. It died two weeks ago. Ack!

Pushing those glasses up on her nose again. She gets new ones soon. She says they're 'awesome'.

Daughter Kelly came in time for supper. Her fave spot is Ocha Deli beside TTU. Hey, look, it's open! Yum!

Afternoon shadows stretched along West Side where we headed to Cream City (more gluttony!).

West Side around the depot has developed into a cool place over the past few years. Lots of artsy shops and restaurants.

I love the name of this shop that sells tie dyed clothing and bags and such. I'm going to have to browse in here sometime.

All sorts of tasty frozen treats to be had at Cream City.

Double scoop (which I did not need but that's so beside the point) of Mint Tracks ice cream in a waffle cone. The chunks of chocolate are heavenly. (If I'd known we were coming here, I wouldn't have drunk that dead bottle of chocolate milk.....)

All aboard! Kelly says she'd love to go on a train ride sometime. I said maybe one that has a dining car....

And the sun slowly sets on our TGIF. Hope yours had an unexpected treat or two. Wishing everyone a marvelous weekend!

3 comments:

Ann S. said...

Nice pics! Cookeville is becoming quite the artsy town isn't it? I need to check out all the cool little shops sometime. Ya'll have a great weekend!

Kelly said...

A good Friday it was!!! We look like aliens in the shadow pic! Cookeville is a great place! I wanna try the Taiko (Noodles and Sushi Bar)! Kerry and I are taking ya'll there for dinner sometime soon! Prepare to eat sushi!!!!!

Jane said...

Love the TGIF pics! Gross about the chocolate milk, though! Ugh!! I love our little town. The west side is really nice. Shelby looks like Elijah in the pic of her pushing her glasses up on her nose! :-)