Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day Two Hundred Forty Five 2010

Adventures At The Car Wash








My car was a filthy mess so I ran it through the car wash today. Thought I'd take a few pics to distract myself since I'm so crazy claustrophobic. After the wash, I vacuumed it, because it was equally as filthy on the inside as it was on the outside. To move my electric driver's seat forward so I could vacuum the back floorboard, I had to switch on the ignition--which automatically locks the doors. Which I totally forgot when I slammed the back door shut and reached to open the front door. Locked out. Car running. CD playing. Air conditioner blasting. Purse on the front seat. Cell phone inside the purse. I went to find a phone so I could call Neil to come and rescue me. I ran into one of the attendants and told him what I'd done. He asked me what kind of locks the car has. I told him and he just grinned and said, "I can open it." He went to get his breaking and entering tool. You've heard of that movie Gone In Sixty Seconds ? He had the door open in less than a minute. Which just goes to show you if somebody wants inside your car bad enough, he can get in. No problemo. For that I was thankful. And I hope there won't be a next time.

3 comments:

Ann S. said...

Love the car wash pics! I'm sorry you got locked out, but glad the car wash dude could break into your car and unlock it for you :) Kind of scary how easy it is for someone to break into your vehicle!

Jane said...

Sounds like something I would have done! That's bad, Kay! :-) Cool pictures!

Kelly said...

That dude probably does that once or twice a day! These pics are freaky cool!