Monday, September 6, 2010

Day Two Hundred Forty Nine 2010

Shade

My front porch is bright with western sunlight in the afternoons. I've been known to grab a sheet and tack it up with thumb tacks to provide some shade for late afternoon porch sitting and swinging and rocking. So for Mother's Day this past May, my daughters gave me some pretty curtain rods, curtain ring clips, and big white sheets that combined to make some stylin shade for my porch. I know. It took four months to get this done, but this Summer has been too hot to even think about sitting on the porch. Since the temps are taking a cooler turn, those rocking chairs and the porch swing beckon. Thanks for the shade, dear Daughters!

2 comments:

Ann S. said...

I really like that!! It looks better than roll up shades :)

Kelly said...

HEY!!!! Looks good!!! Can't wait to sit and be shaded!!! Hopefully we'll see ya'll Tuesday evening for Elijah's game. Love ya!