Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day Two Hundred Sixty Four 2010

Goodbye, Summer

The sky over my backyard around 12:30 today.

The last day of Summer sunshine was already stretching my shadow along the grass even though it was only lunch time.

My waiting-for-Shelby sky (in Solaris).

Elijah had the best time putting stickers on a sheet of paper today. They came in the mail with a magazine offer. Free fun.

Shelby's thoughts are already into October. She's been drawing Halloween related pictures for a couple of weeks now.

The boys of Summer. Elijah waits his turn at bat in his fifth T Ball game this afternoon. He only has one more game. His game was at the same time as Shelby's fast pitch softball game. Since she has many more games to play, we opted to watch Elijah's team.

He hit the ball hard and he got to play infield and some first base and he played well. The kids still don't have much of a clue about what to do with the ball once they have it. Elijah scooped it up and was immediately tackled by one of his own team mates who must have really wanted the ball. Funny stuff. I can't think of a better way to say goodbye to Summer.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Not that I have any objection to autumn as a season, full of its own beauty; but I just cannot bear to see another summer go, and I recoil from what the first hint of autumn means."- Vita Sackville-West

3 comments:

Jane said...

Enjoyed your last day of summer pics. We went to watch Shelby play this afternoon. I guess the last time I was at that field was to watch Holly play! And time marches on.....

Ann S. said...

Nice last day of summer pictures! Can't believe another one is in the books. I hate to see it go, but I am looking forward to fall :)

Kelly said...

Love your cloud pic! Elijah is soo cute in his uniform. Can't wait to see Shelby play. Goodbye, Summer. You'll be sorely missed!