Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day Two Hundred Sixty Nine 2010


My sweet niece Julia Foy celebrated her 13th birthday this afternoon (one week early, but who's counting--besides, she gets to spend her real birthday at the beach!). We enjoyed a most delicious cake, ice cream and punch, and Julia enjoyed opening her gifts--what we in this family call "flat presents" which means lots of moolah! And here she is, way back in 2000 when she was 3, and now, a whole decade later, a teenager (well, almost) who finally gets to have her own Facebook account. Still the same sweet, funny, smart, talented person she's always been and of course one of my favorite people in the universe. I love you always and forever, Julia! You rock! I know I'm going to "like" you on FB!

3 comments:

Jane said...

What a sweet little tribute to Julia! So glad you guys could be here for her party. Can't believe she's a week away from being a teenager...

Ann S. said...

It's hard to believe that our little Jules is going to be a teenager next week! She's grown up so fast. Love these pictures and wish we could've been there for the festivities :(

Kelly said...

Ahhh, what a cute pic! I think I missed that birthdy. I just moved to Murfreesboro and had to work, missed the party, but we chatted on the phone. I think there is a picture of her talking to me. Glad I got to be present at number 13! Crazy! I'm old. Happy Birthday, Ju-la-la! Love ya! :o)