Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day Three Hundred Four 2010

Halloween ~ 2010


My jack o lantern

Great niece and nephew Ashley and Ethan stopped by on their trick or treating rounds to put the scare into us.

Grandson Elijah was Scooby Doo and granddaughter Shelby was a candy corn witch.

Here are Scooby and the witch with niece Sarah who was Rachel from 'Glee' and niece Julia who was a bag of jelly beans.

Sarah, Elijah and Julia gather some treats from neighbors on my street.

'Rachel' strikes a pose while Julia and Shelby wait for treats.

The pumpkin buckets are starting to fill up.

Julia strikes a pose as a bag of jelly beans. Assorted flavors.

Elijah always led the way to the door for treats.

Shelby, Jerry the werewolf, Elijah, Julia, Kelly, Sarah, Neil and Jane pause for a photo op.

Brother in law Don stayed at the house to feed the spooks and watch some football and most likely some World Series baseball. (Photo by Jane)

All aboard Jerry's truck in search of far away treats in distant neighborhoods. (Photo by Jane)

Witchy Woman Holly with the sparkly eyelashes.

The Werewolf got some looks as he drove his truck through the neighborhoods.

There were some spooky houses (and goblins) along the way.

Kay and Jane and Kelly went along for the ride. (Photo by Jane)

There are some folks who go all out with their Halloween house decorations. This house was really creepy. (Photo by Jane)

Scooby and Julia and the rest of the gang bundled up against the chilly ride home in the back of the truck. (Photo by Jane)

Shelby and Holly made cute mom and daughter witches. (Photo by Jane)

Candy overload! (Photo by Jane)

I have to go to school tomorrow! (Photo by Jane)

I'm already asleep! (Photo by Jane)

The Photo Of The Night: This was the look on Elijah's face after he scurried back into the truck after being scared out of his mind by a man who was dressed like (according to Neil) a guy in the movie 'Kill Bill'--he was dressed all in black robes and had on a long white beard and for the first time all night, Elijah did not lead the way to that porch where this guy was sitting and waiting for the kids. Elijah finally did approach the man for his candy, but then the guy got up and started coming after them, growling. It scared him half to death and I'm so glad my sister Jane snapped this picture of him after he crawled back into the safety of the truck. It was funny to say the least, just not for Elijah.
Other than that, he and all of us had a great time together tonight. Happy Halloween, everyone! Hope yours was spooky!

8 comments:

Ann S. said...

Great Halloween pics, sis! Love that last one of Elijah :) I bet he won't go back to that house next year.

Jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jane said...

I removed that last post. It didn't sound right! Anyway, what I was saying - It was another fun Halloween!!! I wish somehow Halloween could fall on a Friday night, but that can't happen!) That pic of Elijah still cracks me up! He was so scared telling me about the experience.
"Jane, that guy WALKED!!!!!!" I snapped that pic while he was talking (almost blinded him!) So funny!

Jane said...

that still doesn't sound right! Halloween can fall on a Friday night - wish it was ALWAYS on a Friday. That's what I meant. :-)

kayranft said...

Jane, I know what you mean and I totally agree! Maybe they should have had it Saturday instead. Thanks for sharing your pictures with me. Hope you don't mind me stealing them for the blog :) You got some really good ones! And that one of Elijah with that face is priceless! I like Halloween. It's so much fun.

Jane said...

I'm glad you could use some of my pics! Especially the one of Elijah! :-)

Kelly said...

Awesome!!!! Fun night!!!! Great pix!!!!

ceee said...

Those last 4 pictures are completely unflattering!!