Friday, October 22, 2010

Day Two Hundred Ninety Five 2010

TGIF At The Flea Market

The Nashville Flea Market at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds in October is billed as "The Big One" and rightly so. Every booth is taken and filled to the brim with so much stuff you can't possibly see it all in one day. I get a kick out of the vintage clothing and the mannequins that model it. A hat is a must...unless you're headless.

I saw this man lugging a big old bass fiddle around. It was taped up, perhaps to keep it from falling apart. I wonder if he has some restoration in mind for it.

Vintage baby dolls are the creepiest. I'm just saying.

This sign is typical of the outrage the flea market vendors feel toward the powers that be in Nashville. (I'm not sure what that last word is on the sign) The flea market will be here at the fairgrounds through next April. We hear it will be relocated to the old Hickory Hollow mall.

This is good stuff to know. Because you just never know when you might be abducted by aliens.

I wanted this, but I was just crazy enough not to buy it.

I wanted these, too, but Neil didn't want to carry them.

Signs like these always jolt me.

A young man was selling "sound machines" and radios he had restored. We've come a long way, baby.

Self portrait. Me and my shadow, purse, lemonade and the ten gallon crock I bought that was too heavy to carry to the truck which was parked in Timbuktu. Neil had to drive the truck to the crock. Maybe I should have grabbed those cool pumpkins while I had the chance.

We met up with daughter Kelly and son in law Kerry for some supper at Olive Garden in Mt. Juliet--our little after the flea market tradition. Fun day. Happy TGIF, everyone!

7 comments:

Ann S. said...

I've been waiting all day to see these pictures, sis! I love your flea market pictures. It makes me feel like I'm there too :) We need to get back there before they relocate. It just won't be the same :( Love your crock and you should've gotten those ginormous punkins'! Glad you guys got to have dinner with Kelly and Kerry is so very.

Ann S. said...

PS That vintage baby doll is going to give me nightmares.

Jane said...

I look forward to your flea market pics, too! Always interesting and entertaining! That baby doll!! Can you imagine if that was all you had to play with as a child? Scary!!!! Really great that you can spend time with Kelly & Kerry, too! <3

Kelly said...

Your flea pix are the greatest! They always make me smile or cringe, LOL! Yeah, the baby doll is probably the creepiest thing I've ever seen. Eek! Kerry and I had a great time with ya'll at the Garden! Thanks for dinner!!

ps... I think Kerry may be a vampire, he doesn't have a shadow. :-O

kayranft said...

Thanks, everyone!! Makes me glad that you enjoy the flea market pics cause I sure do enjoy taking them :)

Kelly, you're right, Kerry has no shadow! Does he have a reflection in a mirror? You should check that out. Hey, look at my shadow--it's tiny. LOL!! Had fun with you guys at the Garden for supper. Good times!

Ann S. said...

Kerry is so very a vampire :)

Kelly said...

He's my vampire boyfriend! :-Z