Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day Three Hundred Twenty Nine 2010

BLESSED!





"I ate too much turkey,
I ate too much corn,
I ate too much pudding and pie,
I'm stuffed up with muffins and much too much stuffin',
I'm probably going to die.
I piled up my plate
and I ate and I ate,
but I wish I had known when to stop,
for I'm so crammed with yams, sauces, gravies, and jams
that my buttons are starting to pop.
I'm full of tomatoes and french fried potatoes,
my stomach is swollen and sore,
but there's still some dessert,
so I guess it won't hurt
if I eat just a little bit more."
~~Jack Prelutsky, I Ate Too Much
*******************************
I always thank God for my family--my loved ones--because they are my greatest blessing here on this earth. My sister Jane and her family hosted our Thanksgiving dinner this year. We enjoyed a totally fabulous meal, a game of Apples To Apples, lots of football, laughing and pigging out on decadent desserts. Those of us who could be together this year:
My mom, Hamp Mabry
My sister and brother in law, Jane and Don Foy, and my nieces Sarah and Julia Foy
My sister and brother in law, Ann and Terry Sissom
My late brother Robert's son, Alex Mabry
My daughter and son in law, Kelly and Kerry Kimbrough
My daughter and son in law, Holly and Jerry Myers, and my grandkids Shelby and Elijah Myers
And of course my hubby Neil and moi
I love you all! God is so good!
Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Ann S. said...

Another Thanksgiving to remember! We are so very blessed :) Great pictures!

Ann S. said...

PS Love that verse. I'm still stuffed!

Kelly said...

It was a great night!!! YUMMY food!!! Can't wait to dig into the leftovers! Glad we could all get together this year! Enjoyed everything!

Jane said...

We enjoyed having everyone here! (Don & I really do like hosting, believe it or not) "I Ate Too Much" says it all. Why is there always room for dessert? :-) We are greatly blessed!