Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day Three Hundred Fifty Six 2010


Each Christmas I remember
The ones of long ago;
I see our mantelpiece adorned
With stockings in a row.
Each Christmas finds me dreaming
Of days that used to be,
When we hid presents here and there,
For all the family.
Each Christmas I remember
The fragrance in the air,
Of roasting turkey and mince pies
And cookies everywhere.
Each Christmas finds me longing
For Christmases now past,
And I am back in childhood
As long as memories last.
~~Carice Williams, Christmas Past
This is a picture of my hubby/honey Neil, sitting on Santa's lap, circa 1955.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Ahh, ain't he precious :o) Daddy was a cutie back in the day. Still is! Poem says it all!

Ann S. said...

Awwwww, what a cute picture! I've been thinking alot lately about Christmases of long ago.

Jane said...

I love that poem - makes me misty. So true, especially the older I get.