Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day Three Hundred Sixty Three 2010

Tangerine Photo Shoot

I like tangerines. Every time I smell one, I remember Santa Claus leaving them in my stocking at Christmas when I was growing up. It's one of my favorite citrus fruits and one of my cherished childhood memories. And they're pretty to look at, too. Here are some nutrition facts. Don't say I never taught you anything.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 Medium (70.0g)
Amount per Serving
Calories 37 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Sodium 1mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 9g 3%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Sugars 7g
Protein 1g 2%
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 31%
Calcium 3%
Iron 1%
Est. Percent of Calories from:
Fat 0.0% Carbs 97.3%
Protein 10.8% Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/clementine/tangerine/#ixzz19YfOfd5Y

4 comments:

Ann S. said...

Those look so yummy! That's one of my faves too! The tangerine facts were cool as well. I definitely learned something :0)

Kelly said...

Never would have guessed they had protein... pretty cool little fruit! Nice pic too! I'll have to buy some of those. Hey, I didn't see the nutritional facts for the peppermint milkshake, tee hee :o)

Jane said...

Good one, Kel! We did not have tangerines at Christmas this year! The girls wanted pomegranates in their stockings. Do you know how much trouble it is to get seeds out of a pomegranate?

Kay R. said...

There is no nutrition in the peppermint/chocolate chip milk shake--only fat and calories--700+
calories. That's why you can only have one in your lifetime. But, hey, like I said, totally worth it :)

The only thing I don't like about tangerines is the seeds in each slice. I've never had a pomegranate.