Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day Four 2011


Today is the first day we've seen our Grandpeeps since Christmas Day. We had a lot to catch up on--books, movies, TV shows, games and such. Elijah got his own Nintendo DS, so now he's not hogging Shelby's DS. Today, Shelby played her 'Zelda' game and Elijah was racing with Mario. They can send each other text messages on their DS's, and that would be great if only Elijah knew how to read. And spell. Neil and I are always amazed by the technology--being the old geezers that we are. Of course, these kids are growing up with it and think nothing of it--except that it's totally fun. I wonder what they will be amazed by as time goes by.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Well how cool is that? I need a DS so I can text! :) (It probably won't be long until Elijah figures out how to send a message!)

Kay R. said...

He can send a message--mostly scribbles :) He drew a raccoon and sent it to Shelby. Fun stuff!

Ann S. said...

That is too cool! It boggles my mind with all the technology that is available right now. Elijah will be texting before you know it. He's growing up so fast. Cute picture!

Kelly said...

When I was Shelby's age, we played Atari. Ms. Pac Man RULED!!!!! I beat the tar out Kerry playing Galaga at the movie theater arkade! Still got it! :o) Wonder what Elijah & Shelby would of those old games?!?!?