Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day One 2011

"Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home." - Edith Sitwell

If you're a southerner, you might serve up a plate of black-eyed peas and hog's jowl for supper on New Year's Day--for luck in the new year, "they" say. Instead, I cooked a pot of spaghetti sauce using my dad's awesome recipe. I'm not counting on it to bring me any luck. But it sure did taste great on a pile of spaghetti noodles.

5 comments:

Jane said...

Mmmmm!! I can smell that sauce now! :) (glad you're back for another 365!)

Ann S. said...

Yum! There's no better comfort food than dad's spagehetti sauce. I'm sure he would be proud that we're still using his awesome recipe! It's the best! I'm glad you're back for another 365 too :0)

Ann S. said...

PS Forgot to add that I love your Samuel Butler and Susan Sontag quotes!

Kay R. said...

Thank you, sisters!! I came thisclose to letting it go. I appreciate your support more than you'll ever know!!

Ann, I love those quotes, too. Had to use them.

Love you both!!

Kelly said...

Mmmmm!!!!!