Monday, January 17, 2011

Day Seventeen 2011


As I've said before, I'm a collector, not a hoarder--except when it comes to light bulbs, especially 100 watt light bulbs. Ever since the light bulb police announced they are phasing out incandescent bulbs, I have been buying them every chance I get. I tried those compact fluorescent bulbs once, discovered they are difficult to read by, and promptly got rid of it. Don't tell anybody, but I did not follow the 8 page EPA guideline when I disposed of the bulb. I'm sure it's in the landfill, leaching mercury into the ground water even as we speak. And there lies the inherent trouble with the fluorescent bulbs--they pose a major environmental hazard if they happen to break. I don't like them and I really don't like being told what kind of light bulb I can read by. So I hoard. Let there be light!

4 comments:

Jane said...

I've been telling Don we need to be doing this (he listens so well!) At least I know who to beg from when the time comes! :)

Kay R. said...

I really don't have anywhere to store them, but I can't help myself--I just keep buying them. I heard Ben Stein say he hoards light bulbs and has a light bulb closet :)

Ann S. said...

You go girl! Stick it to the man!

Kelly said...

Makes for a cool picture! Suppose I also need to join the hoarding light bulbs club... I like the 3-way bulbs... like having the choice of low, medium, and bright!