Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day Two 2011

"Time is the substance I am made of. Time is a river which sweeps me along, but I am the river; it is a tiger that devours me, but I am the tiger; it is a fire that consumes me, but I am the fire." ~~ Jorge Luis Borges, Labyrinths

For better or for worse, I am a collector. Not a hoarder. There is a vast difference, I think. I've always liked clocks and clock faces, especially old ones, so I'm drawn to those whenever I see them, usually at the flea market. These are the few I've picked up of late. I only like the ones with Arabic numerals. Roman numerals drive me crazy for some crazy reason. I'm not sure yet how I'll end up using them. That is the sad thing about collections. They sit and wait, in vain mostly. Someday, if I end up with a dozen of them, I might make a cool clock out of them. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Jane said...

That would make a cool clock.... someday! :)

Kelly said...

Clocks make me think of "Back to the Future"... Doc had all those clocks set to go off at the same time... you should do that! :o) You really should do something with these, they're really neat!!!!

Ann S. said...

Love your clock face collection! You should have Neil make you a clock out of one of those :0) I'm not a big fan of Roman numerals either.