Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day One Hundred Forty Four 2011


Looks like we'll have another bumper crop of mulberries. The tree is loaded with them, and they're already ripe and juicy, which means several weeks of purple bird poop on the windshield of the car and truck, not to mention the purple footprints tracking across the kitchen floor. The kids love to pick them and eat them (Elijah sampled one this afternoon) so I guess the temporary mess is all worthwhile. Click on the title of this post for a link to info about these berries. (Thanks, Ann!)

4 comments:

Ann S. said...

Check out this article I found about mulberries. Apparently they are chock full of vitamins and are really good for you. Here's the link to the article if you want to check it out. http://www.suite101.com/content/mulberries-a125613

Kay R. said...

Thanks for the link. Very cool info about these berries. Nice to know they're good for you. I'll add the link to the post. Thanks! :)

Jane said...

I'll have to read up on mulberries. I can image how messy they are, though.

Kelly said...

In all the years, I've never tasted one... I may have to if there's any left :o) Ma, you should make a mulberry pie!