Monday, July 18, 2011

Day One Hundred Ninety Nine 2011





























































































































Monday at the beach. Today was Shelby's 10th birthday. She's been looking forward to this big day (the double-digit milestone) since this time last year. God blessed us with perfect weather--beautiful blue sky, a pleasant breeze, and mild temperatures. We were also blessed with calm, clear waters in the Gulf. Took pictures in and under the water with a little digital waterproof camera I ordered from Photojojo.com. Got some interesting shots. Daughter Holly took the underwater shots of Elijah. We enjoyed a great day at the beach. This evening, by request from the birthday girl, Holly made her to-die-for chicken quesadillas (I'm guessing at the spelling) for the birthday supper. Holly also made Shelby's cake, and Shelby (with a little help from Grandpa) spread the icing and decorated with candy letters and numbers. It was most excellent. She was happy with her gifts (mostly cash). And she really liked the scrapbooks I made for her. Someone on the beach was shooting off fireworks that we watched from the balcony--an unexpected pleasure, especially for the birthday girl. She topped off her celebration with some night swimming in the pool with her mom, dad and brother. Happy Birthday, Shelby! I love you big time. So happy your day was full of good times. I'll be adding these memories to your scrapbook.

5 comments:

Ann S. said...

Happy Birthday Shelby poo! Looks like you had the most awesome birthday ever! Love you :0) Great pics, sis. Glad you guys had awesome weather today. I'm enjoying your beach pics!

ceee said...

Sounds like a good birthday to me! My birthday will be spent on a 7 hour car drive this year :( I'm jealous of the quesadillas! Glad you guys are having a good time!

Jane said...

These pics make me want to be there soooo bad! I'll have to wait a few months. What a terrific 10th birthday for Shelby! So glad the weather cleared up and everyone's having a good time!

Jane said...

BTW, I'm glad to see everyone has their floatation devices! :) How did Shelby like her scrapbook?

Kay R. said...

Jane, Shelby was quite pleased with her scrapbooks :)