Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day Two Hundred Thirty Nine 2011










I love macro photography. A really good, really expensive macro lens is on my wish list (are ya listenin', Santa?). Recently, I was browsing lenses on Amazon.com and found a couple of really inexpensive macro and fish eye lenses from 47th Street Photo in Brooklyn, NY. They came in today and I've had some fun experimenting with in your face photography. (And a little fish eye lens photos just for fun.) For instance, I did not realize that Geranium leaves have hair. Those ants crawling around on that dead leaf (man, we need some rain!) were minuscule, and that ornate skeleton key is teeny tiny. And that red knobby thing is one of my little hobnail votives. It's more fun than a human being should be allowed to have with a digital camera.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

COOL!!!! Awesome shots!!! I want a macro lens!!!

Jane said...

These are cool! The little hairy leaves tickled me! :) Show us more!

Ann S. said...

Awesome shots!!! I love how you can see the little hairs on those leaves and the texture of the keys :0) In your face indeed!