Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Day Two Hundred Fifty Seven 2011

Lemon Ice Box Pie
IMG_1855
IMG_1856
IMG_1857
IMG_1859
IMG_1863
IMG_1864
IMG_1865
IMG_1876
I couldn’t let Summer get away from me before I made a Lemon Ice Box Pie (and hubby Neil says, You mean Summer is the only time we can have it?!) My mom used to make them all the time. It’s really easy. Mix together three egg yolks, a can of Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk, and the juice of two lemons (make sure you get all the seeds out). Pour it into a graham cracker crust. Heat the pie in a 350 degree oven for eight minutes (if you don’t like the thought of eating raw eggs) and then refrigerate it until it chills. Cut yourself a slice and top it off with whipped cream. Can you say yummy? It’s the taste of Summer.

4 comments:

Ann S. said...

Major YUM!!! I need to make one of those sometime. Always reminds me of mom :0) Lemon Ice Box pie is summer.

Kelly said...

Ah man!!! If I new it was that easy I'd have made one a week! Yummy is the only word to describe it!!!

Jane said...

Looks delish!! Reminds me of Mom every time. She would always fix one for Don if he did something for her. Aunt Joy has fixed a few, too! :)

ceee said...

Oh my goodness! I've been craving one of these!