Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day Three Hundred Six 2011

IMG_2508
Hubby Neil has been working, off and on over the past several months,  installing old-fashioned tin (actually aluminum) ceiling tiles in our living room. Today he placed the final tile. I told him he should sign it, so he did—our names, the date, and a smiley face for good measure.
IMG_2510
The last one goes in place. Hooray! Now he has to install the cornice all the way around. Stay tuned.
1102011606a
This afternoon, grandson Elijah wanted to jump in the leaves. So Grandpa handed him a rake, and Elijah got to work, raking a pile of leaves to jump in.
1102011607b
His mom got in on the action, too, to make the work go faster.
IMG_2514
Elijah takes a leap! All that hard work paid off in big time fun.
IMG_2524
Grand daughter Shelby jumps in with a hot pink flourish. Jumping in a pile of November leaves is a rite of passage for any child who is blessed to have a pile of leaves. Today couldn’t have been a more perfect day for it.

3 comments:

Ann S. said...

Yay! Neil got the tiles installed. I know you guys are happy about that! That's cool that you signed that last tile before installing it. Ah, jumping in the leaves. One of my favorite childhood past times :0) I always loved the smell of dead leaves.

Kelly said...

So happy the tiles are up!!! Looks great!!! Crackle crackle :o)
Jumping in the leaves is so much fun... although the last time I did that was Halloween 1990 something and I was running for my life after almost getting caught rolling a house... the people came home and we all scattered! Leaves stuck to the Halloween makeup I had on. Ah the good ole days!

Jane said...

I guess the good-natured ribbing got Neil on the ball with those tiles! :) Glad that part is done! I miss jumping in the leaves. I've got plenty in the front yard, now I just need to rake them! Love Shelby's pink blurr!! Cute!