Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day Three Hundred Twenty Eight 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!                                                                                                                                 
"Give me the end of the year an' its fun
When most of the plannin' an' toilin' is done;
Bring all the wanderers home to the nest,
Let me sit down with the ones I love best,
Hear the old voices still ringin' with song,
See the old faces unblemished by wrong,
See the old table with all of its chairs
An' I'll put soul in my Thanksgivin' prayers."
~~  Edgar A. Guest, Thanksgiving

3 comments:

Jane said...

Wish I had been sitting around that table! Missed you guys today.

Ann S. said...

We missed your family today too, Jane! Great food, great family, great memories! Thanks again for hosting the shindig Kay and Neil :0) I love that verse! So appropriate.

Kelly said...

Excellent meal and family fun!!!! Enjoyed it thoroughly!!!