Friday, December 23, 2011

Day Three Hundred Fifty Seven 2011

1223011330a
"Christmas is a time of little time.
How we get there is a mystery.
Racing madly mall-to-mall, we climb
Into fields of sunlit harmony.
Shopping, cooking, clearing walks and yards,
Trimming house and tree while working, too;
Making phone calls, wrapping, writing cards,
As all worn out we do what we must do
So that this day of joy might joy renew."
- Nicholas Gordon

(Hubby Neil and I braved Wal-Mart today for some last-minute shopping, as did the rest of the free world--and this picture is the view from our parking space, seemingly in a galaxy far far away from the store. I think we finally got it together. My feet hurt.)

2 comments:

Jane said...

Didn't dare go near Walmart yesterday. The malls in Chattanooga were packed!! Glad I wasn't heading to one of them!

Ann S. said...

You couldn't pay me $1000 to go near a Wal Mart right now! Ugh!