Monday, December 26, 2011

Day Three Hundred Sixty 2011
















All good things must come to an end. I don't know who said that or why it "must" be, but it seems to be true. Our whirlwind Christmastime came to a close this evening with the departure of daughter Kelly, son in law Kerry and grandpeep Knox, as we shared some yummy drinks at Starbucks before they hit the road back home. Neil and I came home to a very quiet house. We miss the buzz but always feel blessed for the opportunity to spend the holidays with family. Thankfully, there is plenty to keep me busy this evening (laundry and the tree is coming down), so maybe I won't miss everybody so much. Yeah, right.

4 comments:

Ann S. said...

Another Christmas in the books! It all flies by fast, doesn't it? We got our tree down tonight. I'm breathing better already :0)

Jane said...

It just hasn't seemed much like Christmas to me this year. Don't know why. But I sure am glad for all the time we got to be together. About the time I'm getting in the spirit, it's done.

Kay R. said...

It does fly by! And I know what you mean, Jane. I didn't get into the spirit of it all until the grandkids started opening their gifts. We took our tree down tonight, too. I'm sure that's why I've had a runny nose the past two weeks :) It was a good Christmas, though, and I enjoyed the time we all got to spend together. That's always the best part anyway.

Kelly said...

I felt the same way... Christmas always creeps up and then it's gone in a flash...hopefully we'll have more time to appreciate it next year :o)