Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day Three Hundred Thirty Seven 2011

1203011843
My Aunt Joy Brown turns 97 on December 4. She celebrated this evening at the party her friend Jo has been throwing in her honor for many years now. It seems like half the town comes to celebrate with her, but her favorite guests by far are her two sons (and one of her grandsons this year), who come all the way from California and Texas. We have a great meal at Helen’s Restaurant, then Aunt Joy is regaled with songs and poems written just for her. Then she gets up and entertains us, belting out songs while she jams on the keyboard. And then she tap dances (while holding onto a chair for some support). You have to see it to believe it. I only hope I’m still alive at the age of 97. Happy Birthday, Aunt Joy! Like I always say, I want to be just like you when I grow up!

3 comments:

Jane said...

I really enjoyed the party this year - not as crowded. Aunt Joy was jamming tonight! :)

Kelly said...

Aunt Joy knows how to partay!!! Glad everyone had a great time! Good looks good too, tee hee :o)

Ann S. said...

I want to be like Aunt Joy when I grow up! She rocks :0)