Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day Eighteen 2012

The orange cat face staring at me through my front door window belongs to none other than Lily. She wants inside because it is freezing cold outside. I would let her inside if she was my cat. She belongs to our next door neighbor, but she hangs out on our front porch, all curled up on one of the wicker rocker cushions. I do feel sorry for her that she never gets to go inside a warm home. So I put a blanket in the chair she sleeps in all the time, thinking she'd be all over that. Instead, we found her curled up on the cushion on the other rocking chair that sits beside "her chair". Cats are so weird. I do admire their independent spirit. But I wouldn't turn down a warm blanket on a cold night.

3 comments:

Jane said...

She looks so pitiful! :( Cats are weird, aren't they. I put a out a box with some old towels in it for the kittens, but only one of them uses it. And if you open the door and she happens to be in it, she runs out.

Ann S. said...

Sounds like our cats. I put our nice, fluffy cat beds out for Jessie and Libby cat in the garage. Where do they sleep? Libby sleeps under the tarp we have over our mower and Jessie cat insists on sleeping on one of the shelves in the garage. Lily is a pretty cat! They are weird little creatures.

Kelly said...

Oh just let her in! Kick her out in the morning. She's practically your cat anyway :o)