Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day Three 2012

Close by the jolly fire I sit
To warm my frozen bones a bit
~Robert Louis Stevenson, Winter Time

Santa Claus brought me a new camera for Christmas--a Canon PowerShot SX230 HS, something small that I can carry around with me in a pocket or a purse. Among other neat things, it has a setting where you can choose one color to accent and the rest of the picture is black and white. It's new to me, so I've been experimenting with it and took this picture of the fire in my wood stove on this freezing winter's day, accenting the red/orange in the flames. I think it made for an interesting picture. And I think I'm going to have some fun with this little camera.

3 comments:

Ann S. said...

That is too cool! Great shot! I love selective coloring photos :0) Sounds like a nice little camera.

Jane said...

I love when you guys experiment with camera settings! :) By you guys, I mean Kay & Ann. That fire sure does look nice on this cold night.

Kelly said...

Cool! Makes me wanna put my hands to the screen to warm them :o) Neat camera!