Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day Twelve 2012

















See that one box of GE soft white 100 watt light bulbs in my Wal-Mart shopping cart, nestled among the eggs and cheese slices and other boxes of light bulbs? That's it. That's all she wrote. The last box of 100 watt incandescent light bulbs at the Wal-Mart in my town is mine, all mine. All you fluorescent curly bulb lovers can shake your energy saving heads all you like, but at least I won't get headaches and go blind while I'm reading. And I read a lot. Shall I begin hoarding the 75 watt incandescents now? They are in the cross hairs of extinction, as will be the 60 watt bulbs. Sad day in America, IMHO. Okay. I'll get off my soapbox now.
And this is one of the reasons I was shopping at Wal-Mart this morning. As I said, the kids and teachers were praying for snow and this is the result of faith in the power of prayer. The snow started falling at the end of the school day this afternoon. It's okay. Because I already have my gallon of milk and loaf of bread. And my 100 watt light bulbs. Life is good.

2 comments:

Ann S. said...

It was good to talk to you today whilst you were hoarding light bulbs at Wally World :0) Happy to see you got the last box of 100 watts. Don't mind the curly cue bulbs, I just hate being told what to use. We should have a choice! The second picture looks like our deck right now. It really came down a little earlier. Of course I got some pics of the first snowfall of 2012.

Jane said...

They have some 100 watt bulbs at the Dollar Store! :) I need to go get whatever might be left. I'm not crazy about the curly bulbs. I don't think you can just throw them away. They are a hazard or something. Leave it to Algore! And the snow is GREAT!!!!!!!!! :)